Pages

Subscribe:

The Himalayan Times

Kantipur

Republica

Monday, August 30, 2010

Nepali girl makes history in UK school



KATHMANDU: A Nepali student has achieved an outstanding feat in GCSE exam with A star and A grade in all the 11 subjects becoming the highest performer among the EAL students.

Pratibha Paudyal, daughter of Jagannath Sharma and Laxmi Sharma, of Richmond School in North Yorkshire got A star in 6 subjects and A in 5 subjects in the GCSE exam of this year. She is the first non native speaker of English language achieving such result from that school.

She has achieved A stars in Science, Maths, Religious Studies, Additional Science, Additional Maths and Classical Civilisation subjects and A star in other five subjects.

“I believe that anyone can achieve their ambitions if they work hard and believe that nothing is impossible,” she said.

“With dedication and motivation I overcame the challenging moments during my GCSE’s and I not only succeeded but exceeded my expectations,” she added.

Shedding light on her future plan, she said: “For my A level I shall be studying Maths, Economics, Philosophy, Ethics and Chemistry.

“In the future my aspirations are to continue studying if I persist with my hard work I will be able to go to university where I can fulfil my dreams of studying Economics.

“I want to improve the deteriorating economy of Nepal after studying economics”, she said.

1 comments:

aishah said...

Awesome posting! As students, we don't have all the time in the world to do the things we are supposed to do especially when our thesis due datelines are nearing. At this homepage you can have peace of mind with professionals help with no hassle at all. This page really great and helpful! Keep more updates.

Post a Comment

Drop you comments about Nepalipan.com